Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I think I’m still in shock…I mean, how are you SUPPOSED to react when you’re on the freeway and the car in front of you spins out? And you’re veering left to avoid them and you run into a big rig? So many “what-ifs…” What if we were in the red car and not in the truck? What if we had hit the car in front of us? What if we were hit from behind? What if the big rig ran over the truck?

What-ifs suck.

Accidents are like bumper cars, no joke. This is the second one I’ve been in, it feels like…a big bump. So surreal. Life, that is. Can’t even think in coherent sentences (yet I can pull that word outta my ass now, go figure…)

Is it a bad thing when you get used to accident procedure? At least these cops were a very nice and professional about their work.

Come to think of it…heck, come to just THINKING, it could have been worse. I guess this is the logical part of my brain kicking in a analyzing the what-ifs or something. I’m alive. No one got hurt. The truck runs, the big rig only has some minor damage. So much more could have gone wrong. Thank God nothing else did…I guess if there HAD to be an accident at all involving all those present, it could have ended a lot worse than it did.

WTF is up with my close calls…I still find it hard to forgive that bitch who plowed into me in PA. I was traumatized so long after that…2 feet back and she would have hit me. Here, if the situation had been changed even the slightest, it could have ended so much worse. I wonder how long this will bother me? I had a lot of trouble getting back into the car…couldn’t even think about sitting front passenger.

I know I’ll be fine, I’m tough enough that way. Haven’t cried…yet, anyway. I hope Noli will be okay…I don’t know what I would have done if anything happened to him. I only hope that he feels better soon…the sooner he can overcome this, the better. I ought to know. Took me a heck of a long time…and a small kick in the pants to get back on my horse. I hate cars sometimes.

What am I TYPING!?!

Thank God we’re both okay. I definitely have one more (or a hundred more?) things to be thankful for after tonight.


June 15th, 2003, 2:26am

Okay, so this seems so completely out of date, but I wanted to get it up eventually. Yeah me being too lazy to get internet...